Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another Post from Vivi!

Hi All,

I am happy to say you will be getting another guest appearance by, Vivi, the one and only (and might I add, a beautiful post, at that). I am also thrilled to inform you that not only did the surgery go better than we could have hoped, but Vivi is recovering beautifully! We meet with our surgeon on Monday for a follow-up, and then with our oncologist on Wednesday . Once we have those two meetings, hopefully we will have a better idea of what Vivi's chemo schedule and treatment regimen will look like post-surgery. I will let you all know once we have further updates.

In the mean time, I will let you hear from the leading lady herself - VIVI! Happy Holidays to all.

well i guess one might say the surgery went as well as could be expected..better actually..and today the 19th of Nov with a full moon over central park and my dog Butoh by my side i walked over to Wollman rink and almost donned a pair of skates hoping to feel free once more with some wind in my face and some speed on my feet..but it didnt happen..not quite ready for THAT yet..i suppose its me trying to escape the thought of more chemo..the last round i hope..coming up after Thanksgiving..we are by the way actually doing the parade party this year..i was so certain i would be bed bound still..there are many wonderful stories to tell around the surgery and after..but its not for me to do..i'll leave that to Aly..suffice it to say that many wonderful new friendships have ventured into my life through this experience and it has made me realize how lucky i am and how life affirming even the worst of situations can be..these are people along with all of you that i strongly embrace and with whom i will remain fiercely loyal..i love you all and wish everyone a very happy holiday..many happy hugs and kisses all around..vivi

6 comments:

  1. Way to go!!!!! You sound great. I'm glad you didn't ice skate though. Hope to see you soon! Our thoughts were always with you. Love. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of you always, Viv ...... and wishing you well!! Can't wait to ride with you in the spring!!!

    Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!! And, what a great idea........a PARADE PARTY!!! I think I'm going to copy that idea.

    Love, Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do sound wonderful, Vivi! We're delighted that you enjoyed a walk in the park a few days ago, and we hope you were able to repeat the excursion today when the weather was so springlike. We'll be thinking of you especially Wednesday when you meet with the oncologist and Thursday morning when you host the parade party. Hang in there!
    Love from both of us,
    Carolyn & Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going, Vivi,
    Keep up that positive attitude! We love you and think of you a lot. Enjoy that Thanksgiving Day Parade Party - and all of your family and friends gathering around. We will join you via the TV and be watching to see a shot of your building next to the parade!

    Love from all the Turners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Vivi,

    Happy Thanksgiving, and congrats on the speedy recovery! What better way to celebrate than watching gigantic balloons float past your window? One of these years, Patrick and I (with kids) will have to invite ourselves to your house so that we can witness the parade first-hand.

    So glad to hear you are taking time to "smell the roses" -- walking in central park, looking at the moon, contemplating ice skating -- all very worthy endeavors.

    Love,
    Sarah and the ex-pat crew

    ReplyDelete