Tuesday, March 12, 2013

From the Great Diamond Warrior, Herself!

Hi Everyone,

We received results from a test today that may just be an indicator that hope is, in fact, truly on the horizon. Vivi gets a regular blood test that measures her CA125 - which is an indicator of growth in ovarian cancer cells. The test has proven to be rather unreliable at times, but still, it is one of the only measuring tools we have - other than opening her up! In any case, the test came back showing VERY low numbers - 27! Just to give you an idea - this test read 2800 when she was first diagnosed, has maintained itself between the high 60s and 100s over the last few years, and anything under 35 is considered normal. So a 27 is VERY hopeful indeed!

More importantly, it has reinstilled hope in my mother - offering some extra strength to continue along this death-defying journey! With that said, my mother was moved to share some incedibly inspiring and beautiful words in a note she asked me to send along to all of you.

So from the woman herself:

To all of you who have loved me and held my hand and shown undying support. Who have carried me up and beyond the most treacherous journey I will ever know. To all of you who have listened and read the amazing blog my magnificent daughter Aly has continued to bring to you. To all of you who make my heart sing and bring me forward every second of every day. Whose hope has never stopped and whose embrace I feel all the time - I say thank you. It will make me survive. Hell, it will truly embody the words Fuck Cancer! So onward we go and still in battle on the front lines. Wounded. Weak. Exhausted. But ever grateful you are all in my life. It's the greatest gift and it will help me win!!

5 comments:

  1. Vivian! You write soooo beautifully. Onward we go for sure. So happy to hear this news. See you soon. OXOXOXOXOlivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... well you got me, girl.. and in the most profound and best way possible. YEY for the numbers, YEY for your beautiful neshuma, YEY for keeping us all on our toes.. YEY for your inspiration, you magnificent treasure of a human being. I LOVE YOU!! - xox Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful beautiful message. We LOVE YOU, Vivi.
    Onward we go ...
    Love from all the Turners

    ReplyDelete